Well I did the coating them with the spices, and sugar and salt by dumping them all into a giant zip lock bag, and then shaking them up. Easy right? "Its shake n bake... and I helped!" Anyway, started the fryer, and then started taking the wedges out and coating them in the flour and then dropping them in the fryer. No big thang..... Well I just left the wedges I wasn't frying at the moment in the zip lock bag. As time went on, the wedges started creating this lake of Cajun spicy goodness, instead of sticking to the potato wedges. WTF? Darn sweaty potatoes! So, next time I do this, I guess I'll coat them and then lay them on a plate or something away from the sauna-like confines of the plastic bag. :/ Needless to say, the first batch of potato wedges were yummy in a spicy way. The second and third batches were yummy in a flour battered way. Either way they were good, but if you want the darn seasoning flavor you put the work into, don't leave them in the bag to sweat it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment