Thursday, May 13, 2010

Round One Selection

Tired of cooking the same old things; tacos, spaghetti, chicken alfredo, jumbo stuffed shells, etc. Even more tired of the fact that half the stuff I do make, the kids won't eat, or if they do decide to eat it, they just pick at it. Maybe they are tired of me making the same stuff also. I decided that instead of just always looking at online recipes I'd actually start picking some out and using them. I don't really care if they eat it or not anymore, its not like that will be a huge change, haha. I like to think my husband will eat the new foods, but he can be pretty picky sometimes also.

We don't eat many vegetables as a family. Matter of fact, we barely eat any aside from corn or green beans that come from a can. It's always been about being easy and quick at dinner time. Lately Ive been trying to figure out how to get us to eat more. Asparagus is the first vegetable that I'm determined to get us to like. I have no idea why I chose it, it just stands out to me. So, one of my recipes choices reflects my "Asparagus Attempt". I'll list all the recipes that I've chosen for my first round of cooking.

Bacon wrapped chicken stuffed w/ asparagus and mozzarella

Chocolate bundt cake

Roasted potatoes w/ butter & parmesan

Parmesan cheese linguine

Cajun fried potato wedges

Broccoli & cheese

Bruschetta

Now I realize that broccoli and cheese doesn't sound that unique or fancy, but when you don't eat it, and probably don't like it..... we'll just say it sounds overly fancy to me. The rest of it is pretty fancy for my house though. I went grocery shopping for this list, and I had almost nothing in my pantry for any of it, so it was a pretty expensive trip. Things like sea salt, white pepper, and extra virgin olive oil somehow were not things I normally buy. I hope in the long run I find several other recipes that use these items, so they don't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment