I started out by assembling the chicken dish in the morning, just so it would save me headache and time later in the evening. I get kinda stressed out when I feel like Ive got too much going on with the kids and such while I'm trying to cook, so doing this is a life saver if its ever possible for me to do it. Anyway, rambling..... So I didnt have 2 pounds of chicken in the fridge, I had 1 1/2. But I figured it should be easy enough to wing it. It turns out that what I had was 3 chicken breasts. The recipe says to cut it thin 2-3 times. I did the math, and to yield the amount that would have been correct with the amount of chicken I had, I'd need to cut each piece of chicken into 4 pieces. I'm a genius like that. Then I prepped the asparagus and scallion. I decided to only put one piece of asparagus in each chicken wrap, and one scallion strip, so I only washed 6 pieces of asparagus/scallion. So when it comes to assembling, its kinda like making a sandwich. Chicken, asparagus, scallion, mozzarella, chicken, then wrap that sucker up with bacon. I ended up needing two pieces of bacon per chicken wrap up, because they are pretty long. My version made 6 pieces of chicken wrap ups. Here is the finished prepped chicken.

When it came time for dinner, it was super easy to just pop this in the oven for 30 minutes while I started the linguine. Linguine noodles are pretty cut and dry, boil til al dente, then drain. I heated up the olive oil and garlic in the pan. I'm an idiot who apparently didn't fully read the recipe, and bought a jar of minced garlic, not whole garlic, but measured out the equivalent. It worked out fine. Add the other ingredients...... then finally the noodles and you're done. Now..... mine didn't turn out quite as pretty as the original recipe's photo. My Parmesan melted and started clumping together. My husband thought I'd added chicken pieces to the noodles, because that's what the clumps looked like to him. It was really good though.

Just as the linguine was finished, the chicken was ready to come out of the oven. It was SO good. I'm not gonna lie, I was totally impressed with myself. My husband even didn't mind the asparagus, because he said it wasn't a ton of it by itself. So overall I'd say these two recipes were a hit, even though my kids ate peanut butter and jelly, and they can be remade eventually. Desi did eat some of the noodles off my plate at least...... small victories. ;)
Looks beautiful! Can't wait for more ideas!
ReplyDelete