I made a Chicken with Red Wine Sauce tonight as the main dish. Gotta use up all the Merlot I bought for the cake! I like that this website, has a spot where you can enter how many servings you want, and !POOF! it will calculate all the ingredients up for you! I still did tweaking though, because I'm like that. I had 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts, so I just switched up the serving size to 6 to basically cut the recipe in half for me. I followed most of it pretty closely. I did use 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, because the amount it was giving me seemed pretty ridiculous. I also read several of the reviews for it, and cut the amount of brown sugar down a little bit more, so I only ended up using probably 1/3 of a cup. Other than that though I followed the recipe, promise! It's kinda hard to make myself remember after sprinkling the paprika and sugar on the chicken, NOT to stir it up. Just let it sit there and soak in. I did think it was neat, after the simmering stuff was done, the bottom half of my chicken pieces were kinda reddish purple. :) The chicken was sweet and spicy at the same time, it was a super interesting and yummy flavor.
I ended up remaking the Parmesan Cheese Linguine because, DUH, its delicious! And I figured it would go good with the chicken and the Bruschetta I decided to make with it. The bruschetta, I didn't go full out special with it. I just bought Vienna Bread (its shorter and wider than French bread) because that's what the bakery had. I then bought pre-made basil pesto and Roma tomatoes. I already had mozzarella in my fridge so I figured I was good to go. I used to work at a pizza place for a few years, and this was the way we made bruschetta there. Simple simple. Take your bread slices, spread pesto on it, dice up tomatoes, put on bread, then top with shredded mozzarella. I set the oven on 350, and then just bake it long enough for the cheese to get good and melty.
Now, I'm not a tomato eater. Sure, I'll eat ketchup or spaghetti sauce, but is it really a tomato by then? Ramble ramble. Anyway, I totally enjoyed the bruschetta. Desi ate it also, and she'd never eaten tomatoes of any kind before. Neither kid ate the chicken, and believe me its not like I gave them a ton of it. I gave each of them one small piece and they still couldn't eat it. Parker did eat all of his noodles though, although he did tell me, in his own special way of trying to wipe at his tongue with a towel, that it was too peppery for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment