Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hopefully back in the saddle

Been busy and bored and whatever else I could have been doing for the past forever months. During the summer I made several tiered skirts, as demanded by Desi, and a few for her friends for their birthdays. The nice thing about these, is they are made wide enough, and with an elastic waist band. So as Desi gets older and taller, her ankle and calf length skirts will become knee length skirts but probably still fit her around the waist just fine. I figure if they get a little too short, I can always just throw some leggings on underneath them. :)






I also made some hair clips/flowers to match the skirts.



Trying to prep things for Christmas, I decided I better get sewing. I wanted to try to do aprons and pot holders for people. I've finished 6 adult aprons, and 2 childrens aprons so far. I used 3 different prints for the aprons. Jana's a good model. She fixes herself up more regularly than I do, lol, so its better to take pics of her. Also Desi loves her mini apron. She's such a cutie.




The pot holders were easy, altho I cut so many out, that they've become a chore. I only did one full oven mitt, and like 3 of the fingertip mitts. I'll get around to making the ones that match the other aprons later. They are a cool thing to do with your fabric scraps, but I should have used a little more variety than cutting out enough for 8 fingertip mitts. I should have used some of it for zippered pouches or something, just to keep myself from getting bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment