Sunday, December 26, 2010

The day after Xmas

So Christmas day has come and gone. That morning the kids woke up, and we got them all ready to go in the living room. They wanted to run straight in there of course, but it just doesnt work that way for us. Mommy and Daddy need time to at least put their glasses and contacts in, hahaha. Also, I needed time to run and grab the camera. When we got there finally, they were totally excited.

Desi wore her shock face for a few minutes.


Then they proceeded to investigate. Parker had to make sure Santa ate his cookie, while Desi followed up behind him making sure that the reindeer ate the celery she left out for them.


After everything got their approval they started checking out the gifts Santa left. For the record, Santa doesn't wrap in our house. That is probably my way of being lazy, but I don't care. Its usually a good way for me to get out of wrapping really big things. Parker got his train table, with Batman toys we'd set up on top. Desi got her art easel, and a puppy toy she'd asked Santa for 3 times. Then came time for them to begin unwrapping. They got several cool things.

Parker got the Star Wars Mighty Beanz carrying case and a two packages of beanz. I dont know exactly what they are, but they sorta remind me of bean shaped Weebles. Matt picked them out, because he said Parker just LOVED them in the store one day.


Desi and Parker, each got a new play doh set. Desi got a kitchen set, and Parker got an R2D2 set. They were so excited. Desi almost wanted to stop with presents and just go play with it.


Finally they were finished with gifts, and Parker wanted to play his new Rock em Sock em with Daddy.


While the kids played, I made breakfast, which was waffles as per Desi's request. Everyone ate, and I cleaned the house. I wasnt overly in a mood to do it, but I knew we had to go to Matt's parents' house still, and that could mean certain mayhem and doom to my work load, depending on what all they got for the kids. Last year, I ended up with 3 extra loads of laundry just from gifts alone! So I wanted a head start this year.

Well, we got to Matt's parents' house and had dinner. Then we went downstairs and it was time for gifts. Parker got a cool Batman castle, and a Stinky the Garbage Truck and a few other things. Desi got a HUGE wooden kitchen, this thing is amazing looking! She also got Dora blocks and a princess book, and again, some other things, I just can't remember what all they got, haha. But they had a ton of fun. Matt's parents also got 2 Wii games, to keep at their house for the kids. And for our family, they got an Xbox 360 and the Kinect with two games. It was pretty cool.

After gifts, we played Wii's Just Dance game and the Michael Jackson Experiance dance game with Matt's parents, and aunts and cousins. They were fun. Matt and I competed in "The Way You Make Me Feel," and "Tik Tok" and he won both. Later we did one more to a song he chose, "Wake Me Up Before You Go" and I won! I was so excited. Guess my 80's dancing is just better than his.

We tried setting up the Xbox when we got home, but I think its going to take some work and time to figure out. We haven't had a console in about 4 years, so we're probably pretty behind in gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment