Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Calorie Counting
One of the girls on my roller derby team introduced me to this app for the iPhone, called My Fitness Pal. You basically enter a little info about you and your lifestyle, and then it creates a program for you. And its super easy to enter what you're eating into it. I decided to start using it because I want to be at my peak physically with derby. Its definitely hard work keeping up with other girls when you only skate 3 days a week for 2 hours. But in the past month I've added 5 days at the gym also. I started doing zumba, cardio circuit, running on the treadmill, the elliptical and an ab class. All this is great, and I feel good, but what and how much I eat will eventually affect my results. If I'm just eating whatever I want whenever I want, am I being counterproductive to my goals? This program on this site or app, its really nice though. I enter my work outs and it will adjust my caloric intake for the day. Its amazing to see how quickly the calories add up, so I'm watching it and being careful, because I want to be in the best competing condition I can be. I don't want to call it a diet, I'll call it a lifestyle change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment